Welcome to the Whitfield County Schools Benefits Website!
Whitfield County Schools is pleased to offer you a comprehensive voluntary benefits package, which offers cost effective financial protection for you and your family. This benefits website provides an overview of all of your benefits and premiums, along with important forms and documents, provider contacts, information for new hires, and more. Please take the time to review this information carefully.
**2018 Open Enrollment is from Monday, October 16, through Friday, November 3.**
Your current benefits will continue to the new 2018 plan year if you do not complete an election, with the exception of the FSA plan. If you are enrolled in the FSA and wish to continue this benefit, an active election is REQUIRED. We encourage you to review your personal information, plan options, and life insurance beneficiary information at this time even if you are not making changes to your voluntary benefits.
What's New / Changing for 2018
- No changes to medical plan options
- Premiums have an overall increase of 3.7%, exact increase dependent on plan and coverage level
- SHBP has contracted with a new pharmacy administrator, CVS Caremark.
- Healthways will continue to administer the wellness program. Healthways is now Sharecare.
- New Flexible Spending Account (FSA) plan administrator with enhanced debit card features, $2,600 Healthcare FSA Maximum, and reduction in monthly administrative fee
- Dental exams and cleanings covered once per 6 months, with a 2% dental plan premium reduction
- New Disability plan insured by The Hartford; same disability benefits with reduced premiums
- New Critical Illness plan insured by Voya Financial; competitive premiums and enhanced coverage
- New Accident plan insured by Voya Financial; lower premiums and extensive coverage
- New Employee Assistance Program (EAP) offered through The Hartford's Ability Assist service
- New voluntary Roth IRA and Path2College savings plans
Important benefits information can be found under the 2018 Benefit Resources section on the right side of this page. In addition to this website, the Benefits Service Center is another benefits resource for enrollment assistance, benefits quesitons, and Annual Open Enrollment assistance. Trained Benefits Specialists are available to answer your questions by call 855-481-1489.
Totem Tools Enrollment and Benefits Portal (Non-Medical)
State Health Benefit Plan Enrollment (Medical)
You may access https://shbp.georgia.gov/ or call 1-800-610-1863 for medical plan information.
- Benefits Questions
- Benefits Enrollments / Changes in Benefit Elections
- Claims Assistance
- Review / Confirmation of Current Benefit Elections
- Update/Maintain life insurance beneficiary information
- And more…