Welcome to the Whitfield County Schools Benefits Website
This benefits resource includes an overview of your benefits, important forms and documents, provider contacts, information for new hires, and more.
In addition to this website, the Benefits Service Center is another Benefits resource for you. Trained Benefit Specialists are available to answer your benefits questions throughout the year.
Open Enrollment for 2017 benefits has concluded. Below is a summary of the benefit changes for 2017.
What’s Changing for 2017
~ MEDICAL ~
- There are no changes to the deductibles, copays, or coinsurance
- For 2017, the medical plan premiums have an overall increase of 2.5%. The increase or decrease depends on plan and coverage level.
Other 2017 SHBP Updates
- Healthways will remain your wellness vendor, and your incentive credits will carry forward to 2017 --even if you change your medical plan.
~ VOLUNTARY / NON-MEDICAL BENEFITS ~
- You will see a slight premium increase based on the plan utilization.
- There are no changes for 2017.
- If you do not complete an enrollment election, your current FSA election will continue to 2017
- You may elect new or additional disability coverage during Open Enrollment with no health questions.
- Remember, this plan includes a $50 reimbursement for covered health screenings.
- ID Watchdog Identity Theft is replacing the current ID Theft plan.
- The New ID Watchdog plan has extensive protection for you and your family, as well as lower premiums.
Important benefits information can be found under the 2017 Benefit Resources section on the right side of this page. However, if you have questions about your benefits, please call the Benefits Service Center.
BENEFITS SERVICE CENTER
- Benefits Questions
- Benefits Enrollments / Changes in Benefit Elections
- Claims Assistance
- Review / Confirmation of Current Benefit Elections
- Update/Maintain life insurance beneficiary information
- And more….
TOTEM TOOLS ENROLLMENT AND BENEFITS PORTAL (non-Medical)
STATE HEALTH BENEFIT PLAN
You may access http://dch.georgia.gov/state-health-benefit-plan-shbp or call 1-800-610-1863 for medical plan information.