Studies show that seven out of ten employees experience one or more legal events in a year. We are pleased to offer a new group legal plan that will help cover the costs of legal expenses associated with a variety of events/needs.
Employees may enroll in the Hyatt Legal group legal plan conveniently through payroll deduction and access a variety of legal benefits. Telephone advice and office consultations with a network attorney are provided on an unlimited number of personal legal matters. Trials for covered matters are also covered from beginning to end when using a network attorney.
Below is a sampling of legal issues that are covered by the plan:
- Advice/consultation including telephone advice
- Consumer protection matters including personal property protection and small claims assistance
- Defense of lawsuits including administrative hearing representation, civil litigation defense, and incompetency defense
- Document preparation and review
- Estate planning documents including simple wills, living wills and powers of attorney
- Family law such as adoption, name changes prenuptial agreements, protection from domestic violence
- Financial matters including debt collection defense, personal bankruptcy plans, and tax audit representation
- Juvenile matters
- Personal Injury
- Real estate matters (including refinancing, sale/purchase of primary and secondary home)
- Traffic offenses
If you use a network attorney, many of the services above are covered in full. The plan also pays a benefit for the above legal items if you obtain your legal advice from a non-network attorney.
See the Benefits Summary for additional details.
The Legal Plan Monthly Deduction is $18.00 per employee per month.
Contact Hyatt Legal Plans for additional information regarding your legal plan at 1-800-423-0300.
Contact Hyatt Legal Plans with MetLife